Radiant Heated Floors
Solid wood flooring can be installed over Radiant Heat, provided the recommended flooring materials are used, and the installer is experienced in this type of installation.
Site preparation is as follows:
- The slab, subfloor and sleepers must be tested for moisture and confirmed dry.
- The radiant heat system should be running at 20 degrees celsius for two weeks prior to delivery of wood flooring to site and should remain on throughout the installation process.
- Thermostat controls must be fully operational to avoid overheating the floor.
- If the heat has to be turned off always do so gradually 5 degrees celsius at a time. This will avoid unnecessarily shocking the floor with sudden heat loss or gain.
- Covering to protect the floor after installation should be done with builders paper.
There are four different radiant heated subfloor types: