Hardwood Flooring Installation in Vancouver, BC
We Are Certified Installation Specialists!
Did you know…most hardwood floor failures are caused by:
- Poor site preparation.
- Inadequate subfloor levelling.
- Lack of installer experience.
This is why our installation process emphasizes a top-quality site preparation, and we use only highly trained installers.
Our hardwood flooring installation professionals are not subcontractors. They are all BC hardwood employees who are fully trained with our industry leading training program in all types of applications and finishes. The skill and know-how of our installers ensures a quality installation and custom finish that’ll last a lifetime. It also guarantees that your floor will be completed on schedule, with the attention to detail you expect.
BC Hardwood Floor Co. Ltd. has spent over one hundred years supplying and installing hardwood floors. As the city changes, we’ve changed too. We now supply and install a variety of hardwood flooring in new high-end developments. We have developed techniques and sought out products that are specifically suited to high-rise and multi-unit construction.
Radiant Heated Floors
Solid wood flooring can be installed over Radiant Heat, provided the recommended flooring materials are used, and the installer is experienced in this type of installation.
Site preparation is as follows:
- The slab, subfloor and sleepers must be tested for moisture and confirmed dry.
- The radiant heat system should be running at 20 degrees celsius for two weeks prior to delivery of wood flooring to site and should remain on throughout the installation process.
- Thermostat controls must be fully operational to avoid overheating the floor.
- If the heat has to be turned off always do so gradually 5 degrees celsius at a time. This will avoid unnecessarily shocking the floor with sudden heat loss or gain.
- Covering to protect the floor after installation should be done with builders paper.
There are four different radiant heated subfloor types: