Maintenance for Acrylic with an Aluminum Oxide Finish
Commercial Acrylic Impregnated Flooring with a factory applied Aluminum Oxide finish
Recoats are possible in the future with this type of finish, but only when the floor has been maintained using the recommended floor cleaning product and method. Call us for more information.
- Preventative maintenance is most effective.
- Dust mop regularly.
- Use protective mats in front of doorways, sinks, reception desks, checkout counters and other high traffic areas to minimize dirt build up.
- Use felt protectors under furniture legs, don’t drag furniture back and forth.
- Avoid overflow when watering houseplants, and use plant stands to raise the bottom of the pots off the surface of the floor to avoid condensation beneath.
- Sweep and vacuum (with a soft bristle head) regularly to keep the surface free from dust, grit, sand and abrasive particles.
- Wipe up spills locally with a damp rag (not dripping wet ).
- Keep the floor dry to avoid water damage.
- Never wash with a wet mop.
- “Swiffers” are recommended.
- Certain chemicals in wood can oxidize in strong light and cause wood to change colour. To avoid an uneven appearance, move area rugs occasionally and drape windows that are subject to direct sunlight.
- Leave areas rugs off for three weeks after last coat application.
DO NOT use soaps, strong detergents, waxes, scrubbing machines, oil treated mops or sweeping compounds as they will eventually damage the finish and the wood.